I don’t keep up with the fitness January joneses, every year I step back during January as the fitness industry scrambles to sign up clients during the January Rush. However once the first tub of protein powder is finished or the 2 week aloe vera detox has commenced I notice that February is full of people who think they have “failed”. I have taken the liberty of drafting a simple 4 week program to help people refocus and to generate new levels of commitment and self-belief.
I love the simplicity of this little 4 week program. Simplicity, in an industry drowning in “systems” and “methods”.
How many times do I complete the session – complete 3 times a week, for a total of 4 weeks, which equates to a total of 12 sessions.
NB – Start at the same point every time.
- Walk as fast and as far as you can for 7 minutes
- Once you reach 7 minutes on your clock, STOP and mark the point with nail varnish or tippex.
- Make sure the mark is visible. Reset your clock and try and get back to your starting point within the 7 mins.
- Every time you perform the walk, your goal is to beat the previous mark. DON’T start to run, (a fast one)
- The objective is to try and go a little bit further every time you attempt it.
If you’re looking for more guidance, then here it goes-
Start with mobility, it’s the foundation of movement and health,
WANT LIFETIME ACCESS to my OBF mobility program? Click Here
You will receive a Full Mobility Program along with video tutorials like this one
Sample Video Tutorial: Great stretches for tight and immobile shoulders
Many people have a preconceived idea that mobility is passive stretching, not in my view, mobility is where strength and flexibility meet. This program is the perfecting starting point to your journey. Combine it with the walking program above and you will enter March with new levels of movement, belief and ultimately fitness.
You will also gain access to a secret Facebook group where you will have 24 hr. support and guidance on your journey towards moving a feeling better
Keep me in the loop with your fitness journey @aobrienfitness #teamobf