AT OBF, we believe in coaching and living through core values and that these mantras ensure we and our clients continually develop physically and emotionally to become the best version of the best vision we have of ourselves.
- Diploma in athletic strength and conditioning
- Diploma in personal training
- Precision nutrition level 1
- IKFF certified kettlebell instructor
- Optimal life Olympic lifting instructor
- Ironmac fitness body weight certified
- Certified mace instructor
- Optimal life kettlebell instructor level 2
- FMS certified
- International youth and fitness federation youth speed specialist
- Training for warriors level 1 cert
- Strength and conditioning coach with Kilmallock senior hurlers sence 2011 – present. Winning 2 limerick senior hurling titles , 1 Munster club title and all Ireland finalist.
- Strength and conditioning coach with Drombroadford in 2011 winning the limerick senior football championship
- Strength and conditioning consultant for Ballyhea Gaa in 2014 winning the cork intermediate championship
- Strength and conditioning coach limerick underage football academy 2011-2013
I believe the first role of a coach is to foster self brief and confidence in those he/she works with. This self belief and confidence will act as a catalysis to unlocking new levels of commitment.
I believe your training should be a ongoing study of movement , no different that the study of the clarinet, the piano or any other skill set. Each rep of every set should be journey in the ongoing pursuit of mastery in the movement you are performing.
I believe in encouraging health before fitness and performance. Challenge the industry norm of instant fat loss and results. People judge the effectiveness of their training by its ability to produce fatigue and sweat.
I believe in building people up NOT constantly breaking them down.
Challenge your perception of exercise : “change – I ran today to burn off the take away I ate last night, to – I ran today to strengthen my heart and lungs”
I believe that you change by reflecting the community around you therefore being part of a group of like minded people is a key ingredient for growth.
Get addicted to the drug of being better than yesterday !!